Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I have so many posts that I need to write and get out into the world, but today I just wanted to list some things for which I'm thankful on this day our country chooses to devote to appreciating the good things we have in life. I'm just going to list the most important things; otherwise, I could be here all night!

  • My husband, who not only puts up with my little habits and hobbies and idiosyncracies but even loves me for them
  • My family, who has always shown me love and support and spoiled me rotten and called me on my bullshit and generally just made my life good and me a better person
  • My husband's family, who acted from the start as though I were their own, with whom I can laugh and play games and joke around and have fun and just be myself
  • My dog, who is the most adorable dog ever and makes me feel better whenever I'm sad or angry
  • Our friends, who are awesome and funny and good people (and most of whom seem to be making cute babies lately)
  • All the good food in the world: sweet potatoes, pizza, peanut butter, bananas, chocolate, wine, rosemary pork chops, pastry, pies, french fries, pancakes......
  • Books, the world's best form of entertainment
  • The internet, the world's second best form of entertainment
  • My own little editing business, which keeps me entertained and brings in a little extra money
  • Trips to all of my favorite vacation spots: London, Chicago, Phoenix, Austin, New Orleans, and more coming as I visit more places :)
  • Firepits
  • Kashi Vive
  • The best purse I've ever owned (a Maruca Worker Bee)
  • Danskos
  • Curel Itch Relief Lotion
  • Amazon.com
  • My education, both at William & Mary and in life afterward
  • Excedrin Migraine
  • Hulu and Netflix
  • Two good jobs, two driveable and paid for cars, a house with central heat and air, plenty of food to eat, good doctors and easy-to-obtain medicine

We are truly blessed. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving and find you have lots to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment